In 2014 I started working on Harley Quinn’s costume from Batman Arkham Knight. This costume really helped me learn how to sew as I had to make an entire ruffled skirt from scratch. In addition, this costume includes leather work, wig alterations and other fun little tricks of the trade 🙂 I never made a real tutorial, but I did take some in progress pics. I’m hoping I can help someone with these 🙂 The leggings were constructed from two pairs of leggings from Forever 21: a red one and a blue one. I bought a bigger size on purpose because they shrink a bit when you take them apart and sew them back together again. Also, I wanted these to be as comfy as possible 🙂 The squares were painted on using Fabric Dye, outlined first with chalk and ironed into place. The bra I used was an old Marlies Dekkers bra. I hand sewed fabric over it to cover the cups and made my own bias tape out of fabric to top it off. Beware: the bigger your cups are, the harder this will be to get right! The skirt was made with a heavy duty cotton. First, I made a basic short pencil skirt with an elastic waist. Then I took long strips of fabric (make these longer than you want the actual showing strips to be because you need to hide the seams underneath each ruffled section) and wrinkled the fabric. I then sewed them…
Articles by Raven Star
After doing Edward Kenway, I really wanted to do something fun and simple that required minimal effort on my part 😉 Hence Mario Warfare was born. Inspired by the webseries by BeatDownBoogie. The only thing I made was the Bob-omb belts for me and Mario. I bought a cheap H&M dress and necklace, cut holes in my tights and glued crystals to a gun. Character: Princess Peach Game: Super Mario Brothers series Estimated construction time: 8 hours
Tutorial: cosplay guns (Ebony and Ivory) I figured I might as well make a tutorial on how I made my guns for my genderbend Dante from Devil May Cry! Now, these are for his guns but they’d pretty much work for any ‘normal’ non sci-fi guns that do NOT have rounded edges. These guns are quite ‘boxy’ and square in nature. This was the first prop I ever made and I am sure a LOT can be improved about them. However, these are not that expensive (excluding the cost of the dremel) and very light weight so easy and safe for cons. First of all: I started with the YouTube tutorial from HyperPropsFX. He also included the schematics for the guns, which was super useful! However, I did do some things different from him, hence the tutorial. I strongly suggest you watch his excellent tutorial first https://youtu.be/BaoTuSw2Lx4 Supplies: foamboard (I used 1,5 large sheets) a dremel or sanding paper wood glue (and/or worbla and/or sculpting materials) exacto knife paint primer gold paint, silver paint, black paint, brown paint (I suggest using spray paint for all of these, though the gold might be easier in normal acrylic paint) gold marker Pattex glue Have everything you need? Great, let’s go! I don’t have pictures of all the steps, so bear with me. 1) Print the designs, trace them on the foamboard and cut them out. Turn the design over and make copies of all of them, except for number 2 (see step 2)….
Photographer: Charlaine Kreuning Photographer Unknown. Is this your photograph? Please contact me asap! Photographer: Bas Eenink Photographer: Bas Eenink I started construction on this costume somewhere late in 2014 and finished it in March 2015. I have always loved the edginess of Arkham Harley, the pleather and obvious BDSM references in her looks. When I saw Jessica Nigri cosplay the Arkham Knight version, I knew what I had to do 😉 Everything, apart from the corset, was hand made or adapted by me in some way. The bra is a Marlies Dekkers bra I repurposed by covering both cups with different fabric. The harness is made of two layers of pleather glued together, stainless steel rivets and O rings. The wig is a Chibi by Arda Wigs, dip dyed with markers. The skirt is hand made and features 3 layers and loads of lace that was hand sewn to the bottom. It’s made of a very thick and heavy cotton blend. The leggings were two pairs of regular leggings I cut up and sewed together. The diamonds on them were made with DecorFin fabric dye. The studs were attached by hand. —————————————————– Character: Harley Quinn Series: Batman Arkham knight Estimated construction time: Over 100 hours.